Post of school minibus driver – Part time temporary for 10 weeks
We are a specialist organisation supporting young people with Autism and Learning Difficulties, inclusive of complex communication, sensory and behavioural needs to access meaningful education and community living experiences.
We have a school and 9 care settings in Warrington, offering 52 & 38 week residential support and education day placements to young people.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, reliable person who is able to work alone and alongside the team. The successful applicant will require satisfactory references, health and safeguarding checks including an Enhanced Disclosure.
Purpose and scope
To assist in the provision of an effective and efficient transport service for pupils at Bright Futures school and their carers.
The following details provide an overview of the main responsibilities attached to the post. The list is not exclusive and you will have ample opportunity to engage in a wide range of activities and duties.
Duties and responsibilities
The post holder must at all times carry out his/her duties and responsibilities within Bright Futures School Policies and Procedures.
The post-holder will be expected to maintain the professional standards of behaviour, attitude and conduct as outlined in Bright Futures school policies and staff handbook.
- Transport pupils to and from school in the mornings and afternoons
- To transport the pupils on trips organised in advance
- Maintain a clean and mechanically-sound bus at all times
- Obey all traffic laws
- Perform inspections of the bus before and after each route
- Ensure the safety of all pupils
- Assist pupils with getting on and off the bus when required
- To be aware of and support diversity, ensuring equal opportunities for all
- To contribute to the ethos of the School
- To participate in meetings, training and performance development as necessary
This role is a temporary position to cover for sick leave. Role to commence Monday 28 January until 5 April 2019. You will be required to attend training courses identified prior to the start of the contract. Hours of work are split shifts 8.00 to 10.00 and 15.00 to 17.00 daily. However, you may be required to transport pupils to activities during school hours, but you will be given advance notice of these. There may be the possibility of extra hours at the weekend and occasional school excursions.
Successful applicants are required to have a clean driving licence and complete an Enhanced DBS disclose.