Bright Futures Care delivers great quality community-based care and education to a growing number of children and adults with autism, complex needs and learning disabilities in high quality locations. Our teams are trained to excellent standards which, when combined with our passion, pride and commitment to what we do, fosters an excellent and caring culture and makes us the leading provider in our chosen specialism.
This post is to join the Specialist Support Team of a dynamic and growing organisation who are passionate about influencing best practice for the people we support.
As a PBS practitioner you will lead on the implementation of the Bright Futures PBS strategy across the organisation, improving the understanding of the function of concerning behaviours, creating capable environments, plans, and skills of our staff teams. The impact of which will be improved wellbeing and quality of life for the people we support, whilst reducing behaviours of concern and the use of restrictive interventions and other restrictive practice.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure support teams (care and education) are focused on enhancing the quality of life of people we support and reducing the use of restrictive practices
- Provide support to teams in reviewing and developing PBS plans, support plans and risk assessments
- Monitor, analyse and produce effective action plans and solutions to evidence behaviour change
- Monitor the effectiveness of PBS plans
- Quality assure the implementation of PBS across residential and education settings
- Facilitate the embedding of PBS and Bright Futures’ “Care offer”
- Respond to escalating behaviours of concern in our tiered approach
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the internal Team Teach Tutors to ensure consistent delivery of physical intervention training whilst embedding our PBS approach to supporting behaviours of concern
- Complete Functional Behaviour Assessments when required, feeding the findings into support plans and staff training and/or coaching